Welcome to Lifesong Kenya’s page.
Lifesong Kenya is a volunteer based organization that was established in 2010 before its formal registration as Community Based Organization in 2013. Lifesong Kenya aims to empower and mentor boys into becoming responsible men full of purpose, integrity and courage.
Our programs and activities are currently benefiting over 500 children and young people per week in the following institutions:-
- Lifesong Kenya (library & resource centre)
- Kamiti Juvenile Prison
- Five Star Academy
- Kangemi Youth
Vision and Mission
By building upon the innate sense of curiosity, creativity and thirst for knowledge in all boys, we hope to instill passion for life in all the recipients of our program.
The tools we use include:-
- Creative Writing
- Treasure Hunt
- The Matrix of a Learner
- The GROW Model
- Standing With Boys manual
To become a pivotal organization that empowers boys and young men into responsible adulthood.
To facilitate the empowerment of boys and young men through positive masculinity, coaching, mentorship programmes, education, training and capacity building initiatives.
- To mentor boys and young men into responsible adulthood by involving positive male role models and father-figures in the society
- Make reading a social experience and an individual activity that can be carried into adulthood as opposed to watching too much TV or engaging in social vices
- To develop an interest for purpose-filled lifestyle as opposed to engaging in crime and other social vices
- To offer a forum for rehabilitation, reform, reconciliation and reintegration back into the community
- Assist boys and young men to gain access to education, hands-on skills training and job placements
- To offer a forum where career people and role models can mentor and inspire children into a life filled with purpose and meaning